Hasan-Gilani Scholarship General Information
The Hasan-Gilani Scholarship has been established by Professor S. Eqbal Hasan and Ms. Farrukh Jamal Gilani in memory of their parents for high-achieving Muslim students requiring financial assistance. Applicants must be enrolled in a degree program at a post-secondary educational institution who are residing in, and have graduated from a high school in the Kansas City metropolitan area. Two scholarships in the amount of $1,000 and $500 will be awarded for the 2021-22 academic year.
Eligibility and Selection Process
- Open to Muslim students in the Kansas City metropolitan area.
- For college-bound high school seniors: Acceptance in a degree program at a community college, 4-year college, or university. Proof of acceptance must besubmitted along with the application.
- For applicants enrolled in a degree program: copy of last semester transcript.
- Applicant’s work history and copy of FAFSA and income tax return (if applicable).
- Copy of parents’ income tax return for the latest year of filing in lieu of FAFSA or applicant’s tax return.
- Service in local, regional, national Islamic, and/or other civic organizations. Letter from the organization head or the supervisor must be emailed/mailed directly to the Scholarship Committee, SMIEC.
- Applicants are advised to carefully review the document titled “Application Requirements and Cover Sheet” and submit all required materials by the due date of July 15, 2021.
- Applications will be evaluated by a committee of judges who will rank all applicants. The top three applicants may be invited for interview. Final selection will be made by the Committee who will select top two applicants for the award.The number 1 ranked applicant will be awarded $1,000 and the second $500 scholarship.
Application For Scholarship